Kale, Avocado & Quinoa (beauty) salad by Nadia Felsch
Before we dive into Nadia’s beautiful recipe lets learn a little more about this beauty food lover…
After departing the corporate world in early 2013 to follow her heart, Nadia Felsch has been devoted to sharing her message that you can EAT WELL LOOK GOOD and FEEL GREAT.
Following the release in June of her first eBook; of the same name; Nadia is utilising her sports background and many dietary challenges to empower and inspire others on their own path to greater health and wellbeing.
Without labels, diets or stress, her new website will be a go-to destination for all things clean eating, fitness and wellbeing.
With spring just around the corner, it’s both exciting and essential for us to adapt our eating habits accordingly with this seasonal change. For both optimal health and wellbeing; especially with respect to our skin; green leafy vegetables pack a powerful punch.
None more so than the queen of greens and nutritional powerhouse also known as kale!
A snapshot of this leafy green is fairly impressive:
- It’s packed full of nutrients & vitamins – iron (contains more per calorie than beef), folate, magnesium, fibre (digestion), calcium (contains more per calorie than milk), Vitamin A (good for our vision), C (immune system and metabolism boosting) & K (cancer fighting properties)
- An anti-inflammatory food, which assists the fight against arthritis, asthma and autoimmune diseases
- Can lower cholesterol levels
- Has a detoxifying effect on the body so skin absolutely loves it!
- Is cheap and easy to prepare
Despite its long list of pros, kale gets a bad wrap, especially when eaten raw. I think I know why. Better still, I think this recipe will go a long way to changing that for you.
Even if you are a sceptic, give this a try and let your skin speak for itself!
This salad recipe is detoxifying, simple, delicious and can easily be made ahead of time. In addition to the kale, there is quinoa to offer nourishment and satiety as well as avocado, pepitas and sunflower seeds to provide healthy fats and nourishment for body and mind.
Kale, Avocado & Quinoa salad – serves 1
GF / Veg / VG
- 2 large kale leaves, washed, dried, finely chopped, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon fresh mint leaves, washed and torn
- Pinch of rock salt and crack of ground black pepper
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ½ teaspoon raw pepita seeds
- ½ teaspoon raw sunflower kernels
- Cook quinoa in a ratio of 1:2 for 15 minutes and set aside to cool
- The key to kale; when eaten raw; is softness
- Massage kale with oil and lemon juice, it will soften
- Combine quinoa, mint, salt and pepper
- Arrange in a bowl and add remaining ingredients to serve
- Grilled fish or hard-boiled egg would compliment this dish well.
This is an extract from my clean eating wholefoods-based eBook eat well look good feel great currently available for download on iPad and iMac on iBooks for $AU12.99
Jam packed with practical and simple guidelines for clean and delicious eating, eat well look good feel great contains 21 salad recipes that will please all taste buds + 19 basics recipes to ensure you have all the yumminess in the world at your fingertips.