DIY Lip Scrub
If you’re like me, you suffer from dry and chapped lips. Lip balm is one your best friends and you always have one close to hand. The challenge I’m having at the moment is that I’m having to constantly re-apply. Having a chat around, some girlfriends recommended to try a lip polish or lip scrub to help exfoliate my lips. The exfoliation and removal of the dead skin cells will supposedly help them absorb the moisture from my lip balm much better.
I had a crack this weekend after finding this recipe from Chalkboard Mag and made my own ‘Sugar Honey Lip Scrub’. I adapted the recipe from the Chalkboard Mag version as it used Vaseline.
Results are below for your viewing pleasure:
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Place the sugar in the bowl.
2. Add the honey to the sugar and mix until they are well combined.
3. Add the coconut oil and mix well.
4. Add the olive oil and again give it a thorough mix until all ingredients are combined.
5. Pucker up!
FYI beauties – I’ve already applied some of the lip scrub to my lips in the photo above, hence lips looking shiny and slightly gooey 🙂
6. Take a 5 cent size piece, gently rub on to dry lips in circular motion until the sugar begins to dissolve.
7. Rinse well with warm water and apply lip balm if you feel your lips need it.
8. Scoop remaining scrub in to a container and store in a cool place.
- Use once to twice a week for silky, soft and kissable lips
- Each batch should last you a minimum a week
- Swap coconut oil for shea butter, Cupuacu butter, Mango butter or Babassu oil, which are all the same consistency
Happy scrubbing beauties – don’t forget to let us know if you try the recipe and your results!